My perfect weekend morning would unfold like this:
* Waking up anytime between 7 & 8. No alarm. Just eyelids fluttering open to catch the sunbeams peeking in through the curtains.
* A mug of steaming, bitter green tea, which sends wake up signals to still dozy brain cells
* Curtains tied to allow the sunbeams a free rein over the room
* An hour of the Morning Pages – a spiritual, magical journey
* Classical music while I tidy up the place
* Checking up on to do lists.
* Launching forth into the weekend
Did all of that today, except that Classical Music just didn’t feel right today. It was time for the Blues. BB King and Tracy Chapman:The Thrill is gone, Gary Moore: The Healer, Robert Cray: You’re gonna need me, Lonnie Brooks: Say goodbye to the blues....
Just the kind of soundtrack for life right now. Thoughts uncurl and unspool and fly around the room looking for an exit…
* You can hold all the pieces of the puzzle, but if no one wants them, you’re holding onto nothing.
* Knowing the answers can be as painful as not knowing
* Reality is always, always, more bizarre, unpredictable and random than fiction.
Either that, or we just overdid the Blues.