Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Another journey

I’m back, but only to pack my bags once more. I’m headed off tomorrow for another couple of weeks. This time for a course in Vipassana meditation. It’s an ancient technique of meditation, one that requires almost complete withdrawal from the surroundings.

What attracted me to it was the prospect of complete silence for 10 days. Simply because I’d never done it before. The thought of taming a wild colt of a mind was equally appealing. And something I've wanted to do for a long time.

The schedule for the 10 days seems daunting with almost 11 hours of meditation. But who knows, the journey may be interesting.

The course timetable

4:00 a.m.----------------------Morning wake-up bell
4:30-6:30 a.m.---------------Meditate in the hall or your own room
6:30-8:00 a.m.---------------Breakfast break
8:00-9:00 a.m.---------------GROUP MEDITATION IN THE HALL
9:00-11:00 a.m.-------------Meditate in the hall or your own room
11:00-12:00 noon------------Lunch break
12noon-1:00 p.m.------------Rest and interviews with the teacher
1:00-2:30 p.m.----------------Meditate in the hall or your own room
2:30-3:30 p.m.----------------GROUP MEDITATION IN THE HALL
3:30-5:00 p.m.----------------Meditate in the hall or your own room
5:00-6:00 p.m.----------------Tea break
6:00-7:00 p.m.----------------GROUP MEDITATION IN THE HALL
7:00-8:15 p.m.----------------Teacher's Discourse in the hall
8:15-9:00 p.m.----------------GROUP MEDITATION IN THE HALL
9:00-9:30 p.m.----------------Question time in the hall
9:30 p.m.-----------------------Retire to your own room--Lights out


I will be back on June 13. And will resume the blog, as before. Thanks for your vigil :-)


P.S. XXX, Khotta and the others please note, I've kept my date with 'early June'.

P.S. The self-appointed PR duo of Smiley :-) and Grumpy :-I will be slugging it out in my comment box, I expect. Don’t mind them. The doctors at the asylum say they need to be kept busy...

No comments: